The motto of Providence OPC is "...everything necessary for life and godliness..." Our motto is from II Peter 1:3, which says, "By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." Two verses later, the Apostle Peter says to make every effort to add to our faith seven things, including knowledge. In response to Peter's instruction, the following books are recommended, along with other resources found in the box on the left side of this page. May these resources serve to increase our "knowledge of him who has called us by his own glory and goodness."
- "Redemption Accomplished and Applied" by John Murray
- "Saved By Grace" by Anthony A. Hoekema
- "Christianity and Liberalism" by John Gresham Machen
- "After Darkness, Light: Distinctives of Reformed Theology: Essays in Honor of R.C. Sproul"
- "Puritan Evangelism: A Biblical Approach" by Joel R. Beeke
- "Sermons on the Beatitudes" by John Calvin
- "Competent to Counsel: Introduction to Nouthetic Counseling" by Jay E. Adams
- "The Reformed Pastor" by Richard Baxter
- "Of Domestical Duties"(1622) by William Gouge